The Estey Organ Museum is open 2 to 4 PM on Saturday and Sundays, mid-May through mid-October.
The Engine House Gallery is teeming with Estey memorabilia and instruments representing the hundred-year history of organ-making in Brattleboro.
Ours is a hands-on museum. We encourage you to bring your favorite music and “perform” on our reed and pipe organs.
Admission is free to museum members. Non-members are requested to donate $5.
During the season, arrangements can be made for visiting the Estey Organ Museum during non-scheduled hours by contacting the museum by email.
The Estey Organ Museum is Located in the center of the Estey Organ Company factory complex at 108 Birge Street in Brattleboro, Vermont. Parking and entrance are in the back.
Go to Googlemap
Approaching from I-91 North
1. Take I-91 North to Exit 1, US-5 Brattleboro.
2. Drive north on Canal Street (Route 5) about 1 mile. Take a left onto to Birge Street. (A Sunoco station is on the left.)
3. In about 1/4 mile, you will see a slate-sided factory complex on the left. Take a left into the second driveway (at the street clock) and drive to the back.
4. The Estey Organ Museum is located in the Engine House, a small brick building in the center of the complex.
Approaching from I-91 South
1. Take I-91 South to Exit 3, US-5/VT-9E Brattleboro.
2. Drive south on US-5 about 3 miles (through downtown Brattleboro).
3. Take a right onto to Birge Street. (A Sunoco station is on the left.)
4. In about 1/4 mile, you will see a slate-sided factory complex on the left. Take a left into the second driveway (at the street clock) and drive to the back.
5. The Estey Organ Museum is located in the Engine House, a small brick building in the center of the complex.
There’s so much to see and do in Brattleboro. Here are a few suggestions.
Brattleboro Historical Society
More Estey artifacts can be found in the History Center, located at 196 Main Street. The History Center is open Fridays from 2 to 4 PM and Saturdays from 11 AM to 2 PM. Estey photographs and documents are archived at the BHS Research Room, located at 230 Main Street, which is open Thursdays 2 to 4 PM and Saturdays 10 AM to noon. For additional information, call 802/258-4957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brattleboro Museum & Art Center
Located on 10 Vernon Street in downtown Brattleboro, the galleries are open every day except Tuesdays, 11 to 5 PM, and to 8:30 PM the first Friday of each month.
Creamery Covered Bridge
Bring a picnic and visit Brattleboro’s last remaining covered bridge.
Fort Dummer State Park
Come hike and camp in the foothills of the Green Mountains.
The Outlet Center
Yes, Brattleboro has outlet shopping! The Outlet Center is located right off I-91, Exit 1.
Visit Brattleboro, VT!
Looking for a restaurant or lodging? Visit the Brattleboro Chamber of Commerce website.
Make the Estey Organ Museum part of a Vermont vacation. The State of VT Commissioner of Tourism & Marketing can help you plan.
Read iBrattleboro for the latest and greatest.